The People's Petition
If at anytime you wish your name to be removed from The People's Petition, you need only email us and this request will be honoured.
- Read the petition (it is formatted as required by legislation).
- Enter your details.
- Approve any email asking you confirm your ‘subscription’.
THE PEOPLE'S PETITION
Formatted as required | Please sign below.
A HUMBLE PRAYER AND PETITION
TO HIS EXCELLENCY
His Excellency General the Honourable Sir Peter Cosgrove AK MC (Retd)
Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia and
Commander-in-Chief of the Defence Force
Canberra ACT 2600
17 March 2016
MAY IT PLEASE YOUR EXCELLENCY
It is our lawful duty and obligation to inform you that it is our will that the COMMONWEALTH ELECTORAL AMENDMENT ACT 2016 be annulled as unconstitutional, undemocratic, and un-Australian.
- Unconstitutional because the Constitution declares that candidates, NOT political parties must be directly chosen by 'the people' (Sections 7 & 24 of the Australian Constitution).
- Undemocratic because every elector’s formal vote has value and must count towards the election of the representatives of their choice . The proposed bill will lead to the “exhaustion” of millions of Australians’ votes making them of no effect in contributing towards electing their preferred representatives.
- Un-Australian, because it appears to be a deliberate attempt to confuse and deceive the electors.
We hereby petition you to protect the millions of voices of ‘the people’ voting in an election against the interference of party politics.
As the Queen’s representative, you are the final protector against the tyranny of the Major Political Party Machines.
We Pray and Beseech that you, the Governor-General, use your power to withdraw Royal Assent of the COMMONWEALTH ELECTORAL AMENDMENT BILL 2016. We ask you to return it to both Houses of Parliament declaring it annulled as being in contempt of Australia's Constitution, democracy and people.